‘The Happy Little Snowman’ Watercolour Tutorial by Bazza West
What do snowmen eat for lunch? Icebergers!
There’s “snow” better way to enjoy the holiday season than making the little ones smile and seeing them get excited counting down to Christmas Day. Keep them entertained – not with our jokes of course – but with the last in our series of Christmas themed art tutorials. This time from Bazza West, with his ‘Happy Little Snowman’ watercolour design.
If your family enjoyed Vanessa Haarhoff’s Watercolour Penguin tutorial, this is the perfect opportunity to continue to brush up your skills.
Follow along as Bazza paints his ‘Happy Little Snowman’ design by mouth, with top tips including:
- Rough sketch the snowman’s body with liquid charcoal (or alternatively a HB pencil will do great) as a guide of where to paint
- Paint a gentle background to make your snowman really stand out. Bazza chooses to fade his background from darker to lighter blue, to give the scene a blizzardy winter feel
- The snowman will need a hat and a scarf – feel free to use your favourite colours, but Bazza chooses a Christmas red
- Browns and oranges for the little robin, but don’t forget his red breast!
- Bazza continues to add further layers to his painting once the previous layer dries, to build up to a bolder colour
If you don’t fancy painting with watercolour, you can still follow the design with whatever materials and paints you have at home.
Don’t forget to tag us at #PaintWithMFPA for a chance to have your creation shared on our channels.